As easy as 1, 2, 3….
Just Egg Mini Egg Pies (Aka Frittatas): Get the most out of your Just Egg!
This recipe is very versatile! I have added beans, green chillis, plant based chorizo, and so many other ingredients to my egg pies. This recipe is the base recipe, and you can remove or add whatever dry or cooked ingredients you’d like. There’s no need for an adjustment.
- Cupcake Pan
- 1 container Just Egg Liquid Egg Substitute
- 2 cup Chopped Yellow Potatoes
- 1/2 cup cup Chopped Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 1/2 cup French Green Beans
- 1/2 cup Choose from: Kidney Beans, Mushrooms, Soy Chorizo, etc. (optional)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Before making the filling, preheat the over to 400 degrees.
- Chop the onions, and potatoes.
- Add 1 tbsp of avocado oil to a sauté pan with 3 tbsp of water. Set heat to medium.
- Add potatoes and onions to the pan, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Cover pan and let potatoes cook for 15 minutes on low-medium.
- While potatoes cook chop the bell peppers, and mushrooms (optional).
- Rinse frozen French green beans in a strainer to defrost.
- After 15 minutes stir potatoes. If fork punctures the potatoes turn off heat. (The potatoes should be soft but not falling apart)
- Add bell peppers, green beans, and mushrooms (optional) or any other ingredients, to the potatoes and mix well.
Combining All Ingredients
- Scoop about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the mixture into each cupcake round. You can stuff as much as possible into the cupcake round. (See photos above)
- Evenly spread Just Egg Liquid Egg substitute among all cups. (About 2-3 tbsp per cup) NOTE: The egg will expand, so there is no need to submerge the filling. You will see the filling peaking out of the Just Egg Liquid. (See photos above)
- Place pan in the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes and enjoy with salsa and toast! Serving is 3 mini pies per person.
**this includes kidney beans